Equipoise’s professionals recognize that the objective of site characterization and remedial activities should not be designed to simply address a single facet of a project. Instead, site efforts should be integrated to ensure that each data point and/or potential treatment technology serves an immediate and long-term purpose in the overall project strategy. As such, our site investigations and feasibility studies are developed from the start with a focus on collecting relevant data and identifying remedial technologies that meet the needs of our Clients business, proposed developments, regulatory requirements, site constraints, and the environment.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Agency Coordination / Work Plan Development
- Phase II Site Assessment
- Multimedia Sampling, Analysis and Monitoring
- Drilling and Well Installation
- Geophysical Surveys
- Geotechnical Soil Properties Analysis
- Aquifer Testing
- Groundwater Modeling
- Bench and Pilot Scale Testing
- Data Interpretation and Management
- Report Preparation
Former Test Site, Orange County, California
Problem: The 2,800-acre former test site was being closed after 50 years of storied operations. Prior to relinquishing the property, the Client was contractually required to characterize the nature and extent of potential environmental impacts and provide an estimate of the ultimate remediation costs necessary to return the site to an unrestricted land use condition.
Strategy: The facility was broken into 12 operational areas and managed as independent units so that the footprint of the long-term impacted operational areas could be minimized. Accelerated site investigation, soil source removal, and interim remediation activities shorten the investigation to closure process on seven of the operational units and closed them in rapid time sequence.
Result: Based on this approach, less than 0.5 percent of the original land footprint remains under regulatory directive.
- Ex-Situ RemediationMichael Acevedo2019-07-31T12:47:22-07:00
- Litigation, Mitigation & Arbitration SupportJozlyn Leon Guerrero2019-07-31T10:14:55-07:00
- Strategic PlanningMichael Acevedo2019-08-10T04:13:16-07:00
- Remedial System Design / InstallationMichael Acevedo2019-07-31T10:49:36-07:00
- Human and Ecological Risk AssessmentMichael Acevedo2019-08-10T03:33:29-07:00
- In-Situ RemediationMichael Acevedo2019-07-31T11:38:20-07:00
- Remedial Investigation / Feasibility StudyMichael Acevedo2019-07-31T14:15:47-07:00
- Agency NegotiationsMichael Acevedo2019-07-31T11:50:59-07:00