ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD GEOLOGIST or FIELD SAMPLER, (0 – 5 years’ experience) – San Clemente, CA
Are you ready to enhance your professional career by applying your technical skill set and leadership capabilities within a team of environmental experts? Are you motivated to work in a diverse, high-performing team of professionals dedicated to solving their client’s most challenging environmental problems? A place where you can collaborate and use your skill set to form creative technical solutions at complex environmental sites? If so, Equipoise Corporation is dedicated to providing you a professional platform designed to unlock your full potential and allow you to contribute as a key member in our team-oriented organization.
Equipoise Corporation (Equipoise) is comprised of industry leading environmental consultants that conduct field investigations and remediation engineering activities at contaminated sites. Equipoise staff are experts in geosciences, hydrogeology risk assessment, and remediation engineering. At Equipoise, you will actively participate in the implementation of site investigations and remediation projects, while working closely with experienced professionals in the environmental consulting field. Key responsibilities for this position that will further develop your professional foundation are described below.
- Support and collaborate with project staff during site assessment and remediation field tasks
- Drilling and contractor oversight conducted to evaluate subsurface conditions and install groundwater wells
- Collect soil, soil vapor, and groundwater samples
- Data analysis, including preparation and interpretation of maps, tables, and figures
- Prepare technical reports, plans, specifications, and permits
Equipoise is seeking intelligent and forward-thinking professionals to join our client-centered team. Candidate qualifications are outlined below.
- 0 – 5 years of experience in environmental services / consulting
- B.S. in either geology, hydrogeology, or equivalent
- Team player
- Growth mindset
- Strong communication, organization, and writing skills
- 40-Hour OSHA Hazwoper Training (preferred)
- Able to start immediately
Field work and travel are expected to be a part of this position. With or without reasonable accommodation, employees are expected to perform the following activities:
- Ability to perform field assignments
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of climate conditions
- Ability to travel by car, including occasional overnight travel
- Frequently walk or climb stairs
- Lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 35 pounds
- Handle large items
Salary: Commensurate with history and experience
Equipoise is an equal opportunity employer. Equipoise offers an outstanding workplace, competitive compensation, and health and retirement benefits. Qualified, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume to careeropportunties at equipoisecorp.com. When applying for this position, please include the percentage you are willing to travel locally for work and your salary requirements on your cover letter or resume.