The California Environmental Protection Agency, or CalEPA, today announced $1.5 million in environmental justice grants to fund 34 projects aimed at combating pollution, improving health outcomes and increasing public engagement in some of California’s most pollution-burdened communities.
Funded projects include:
- Organic agriculture training and pesticide exposure education for farmworkers
- Increased education and outreach to marginalized communities
- Research and mitigation of suspected environmental contamination and exposure on tribal lands
- Identification and protection of California Native American tribal resources
- Air, water, and soil quality testing and remediation projects
For a full list of grant projects visit: